Wednesday, June 1, 2011

PIF Part 3

Check my two previous posts for parts 1 and 2...


This is a tissue pack holder that I included in Mary-Frances' PIF gift. I learned this technique from Linda Halpin when she came for a workshop to my guild quite a number of years ago. Ami Simms also has Linda's pattern on her site.


The last thing I made was this (belated) birthday postcard for Mary-Frances. It was belated because I wanted to show off all of these projects at this month's guild meeting before I sent them off to her in Calgary, Canada. If you'd like to learn how to make one, I have a tutorial for this kind of postcard on my right sidebar.

And after making all of the projects you've seen in these three PIF posts, I literally had just this small plastic bag filled with scraps. And at my guild meeting, I gave the bag to a member who uses leftovers like this for dog-bed filler.

So, not a bit of those two yards that I started out with ended up in the trash. That's my version of Zero Waste Design.

No comments: