Friday, April 6, 2012

DJ Backing Update

Thank you to all who commented on my post from a couple of weeks ago about what to do about the backing fabric for my Jane Stickle quilt. After reading the comments and thinking about it for a while, I decided to buy the fabric that was basically the same fabric as I used for the dark triangles and sashing on the front of the quilt. I did my bit to help my LQS.

Of course, I made this decision AFTER ironing the original backing fabric...


Here's a closeup of the new backing....


So that meant I spent a good amount of time yesterday ironing this piece....Thankfully, it was wide backing, so I didn't have to piece it, too.


The ironing board is in my basement quilting studio...hence, the washed out photos. Both fabrics look much better in person.

Thank you again for your advice!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your choice! Now this means you are getting seriously close to quilting it.... yay!!

Mary said...

I think you'll be really happy with your choice.

Susan said...

Woohoo! Let the quilting begin!