Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Excuses, Excuses


OK, some of you may remember that I not only changed my mind about a backing fabric for my Jane Stickle quilt, I also changed my mind about what thread to use in the quilting.

Here's a link to my post about my first thought about thread, and then a link to a post about changing my mind about the it.

This is it...no more changes allowed. I am going with the rainbow of colors and will take the time to change thread to match the individual blocks. Luckily, I have a wide variety of colors already in my So Fine thread stash, which means I can't use the excuse of not having any thread as a reason to delay starting the quilting.

But I can think of another excuse...I'm seeing some family members this weekend that I haven't seen in a couple of years, so I have to take my DJ top with me to show off. I may not see these people again for quite a while and since they are the type to appreciate the work I've put into the top, I need to delay the quilting for just one more short week....

2 comments:

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

Now you come up with really good excuses that create days of delay and sound so reasonable that most people wouldn't notice they were excuses. When I am trying to delay committing to those first stitches, I usually can only come up with something like deciding it's time to clean the bathroom.

Peggi Yac said...

Excuses! Excuses! I thought you would be finished by the time I got home from wherever I am, but I'm heading home on Friday, so I guess I was wrong, since today is Thursday.
See you next week.