Monday, May 14, 2018

Nothing Goes to Waste

Like most quilters, I usually have a piece of batting left over when I'm finished with quilting a quilt. I can't bring myself to throw it away, so the pieces accumulate in a plastic tote that I keep in my quilting studio. After quilting seven quilts, I had enough pieces that could be joined together for a decent-sized batting. My Bernina has a flat joining stitch, which is just that. It joins two pieces together and the seam is completely flat. Here's a shot of what it looks like...It's a bit hard to see because of the light thread.



Here are the seven pieces of batting joined together...big enough for my next quilt!


2 comments:

Sara said...

I piece batting too, especially to use in wall hangings and table runners.

ytsmom said...

What foot do you use, and what stitch? Thanks!