Thursday, October 15, 2009

Did Someone Change the Calendar On Me?

I usually like snow, but I really prefer to see it in December and January, not mid-October!
It's been snowing at my house since about 9:00 this morning and by dinnertime we had some white stuff on the pine trees and a bit on the grass. The roads are just wet, but the forecast calls for a possible 5-10 inches by Saturday morning! This can't happen! I have a quilt show to go to and my son is helping out with his school honor society's chicken barbeque on Saturday. And we still have a good number of leaves on the trees around here.

In honor of this white stuff, I've posted a photo of a small wallhanging that I made at Quilt Camp in August 2007. If you'd like to see more versions of this pattern, click this link which will take you to the Gallery page of the Mountain Laurel Quilt Guild (my guild). Scroll about two-thirds of the way down the page to see the photo. Then just click on it to see a larger version. And while you're there, check out all the other great photos on our site. We have an awesome guild!

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I know you had said yesterday that they predicted snow but I was hoping for your sake that it missed you. This early is too early - good luck for your son on that chicken barbecue - sounds like gloves will be in order!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Meg said...

Snow here in CT too, Anya. Way too early!!

Rene' said...

Wow...snow!!! We are having record highs here.

Hunter said...

Oh, dear.

Stay warm.

Darilyn

Searchfamilies said...

The thing about the internet & reading all the blogs is i can get a world wide weather forecast/update
I been hearing how a lot of places are getting snow so is this a sign of a bad winter for you, i hope that you will stay safe & warm
Hugs Janice

Joan said...

Even warm, sunny Georgia hasn't gotten out of the 50s for the last couple of days. That's about the equivalent of snow in October here! :)

Susan said...

I think you probably already know that you aren't the only one in Wellsboro who is unhappy about today's weather! How many days is it until sping?