Friday, December 31, 2010

Going Cold Turkey


I took advantage of my LQS's (Needles Quilt Shop in Wellsboro, PA) inventory reduction sale this week and bought fabric to finish up my aunt's quilt that I blogged about on Monday. The brown flannel will be the backing and the red is for the binding. I picked up the green and white stripe to add to my stash of stripes to be used for bias binding someday.

Now that 2010 is coming to a close, I have decided to put myself on a fabric-buying diet. I have way too much fabric in my stash and don't need any more, no matter how pretty it is or how great a deal it is. My goal for 2011 is to only use the fabric in my stash for my projects. The only exception will be for backings and maybe bindings.

Let's see how long this lasts....

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am on a fabric diet also - I mentioned that to my husband and then I said something later about only needed backing fabric and he said I thought you said you weren't getting anymore! I told him while I have to get that. I'm not going to piece backings for hand quilting - too many seams!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

I am making the same resolution--just broke it a little when I went to a quilt shop with my daughter in MA and saw some great Australian fabric on sale. . .