Monday, October 24, 2011

Moosewood Monday


Here's this week's Moosewood Restaurant recipe. I made this Sweet Potato Apple Chipotle soup and it turned out wonderfully!! The ingredients are so varied, yet the flavors work incredibly well together. Who would have thought that sweet potatoes, apples, celery, onions, garlic, cinnamon, and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce would make a delicious soup? Apparently, someone at the Moosewood did once. It's in their Cooking for Health cookbook, but I found it here.

The recipe calls for blending the soup until it's creamy, but I skipped that step and just mashed the veggies a bit when they got soft. Tasted just as good as the creamy version served in the restaurant.

Served with a glass of Catherine Valley Winery White Cascades wine.

Maybe I'll try the Mixed Vegetable Curry next....

2 comments:

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Oh, I have that cookbook....do I use it? No...I need to get it out because their recipies are wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing...I have an idea :)

Smiles,
Kelly

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

I am making this soup for guests this weekend so it's good to know that the recipe makes soup as good as what Moosewood served--that soup was very, very good!