Monday, January 30, 2012

For the Birthday Boy


Two special children in my family are having birthdays soon, so I decided to make each of them a quilt to celebrate. This is for the soon-to-be-four-year-old boy who loves construction vehicles and big trucks. The pattern is one of my favorites from Mary of Making Scrap Quilts from Stash blog. It goes together very quickly and is a great way to showcase a fun novelty print.

Here's a shot of the pieced back...


...and a closeup of the quilting....


I found a similar print of construction vehicles and made a pillowcase to use as the gift wrapping. I'm told that the recipient is pleased!

A big thank you goes to Mary for being such a generous quilter and providing free patterns on her website.

My next post will feature quilt No 2...

No comments: