Friday, September 13, 2013

Found Treasure?

 A couple of days ago, I was sewing with some friends and we were discussing a floral nine-patch block exchange that members of my guild had participated in a while back (more than five years ago!). Some of us have made our blocks into final projects and some (mainly me) had completely forgotten about them. So, when I came home, I went through some cabinets in my quilting studio and found these...


This is the fabric that I used for my blocks...


I have about a yard of this left, along with some of the white-on-white print that I used in my blocks, so I'll probably use it with the blocks. I'm not sure of a design yet, but the one thing I'm sure of is that I will not be putting this project away (and will not start a different quilt top) until they're sewn together.

What's hiding in your quilting studio?

3 comments:

NeverBored said...

What's hiding in my quilt studio? Yikes! Way too many UFOs ! When I can't sleep I've been known to count UFOs instead of sheep. Doesn't help me sleep, but it's a good mental exercise!

Nancy said...

My previous comment just disappeared?? Anyway, what I said was: You probably said, "Oh yeah, these. I remember these." Better get to work. I admire you for setting a completion goal. There are many projects hiding in my sewing room!

Vivian said...

Some of the UFOs and leftovers hiding among my quilting supplies are worth more time spent with them, but so many just aren't worth the effort. I need to learn to prioritize and just let some of them go and spend my time more wisely.
Love your little 9-patches, and with your floral and white fabrics ready to go, I'm sure you'll end up with a beauty.