Monday, October 21, 2013

One More Out The Door

About a month ago, I blogged about a bunch of floral nine-patch blocks that I had accumulated as a result of a guild exchange back in the spring of 2008.  The blocks are now sewn into a completed quilt that will be going to one of the outreach projects that my guild is involved with (I'll leave it up to our Outreach chair to decide where it will find a home).


Just some simple meandering quilting...


The backing fabric came from my guild's charity-project stash and it was just the right size to use as a binding as well. I love to sew bindings down by hand and don't usually like to finish them by machine, but sometimes it's OK to do. I folded the backing over to the front and then used the buttonhole stitch on my machine to sew it down. It will do.


Since the backing/binding fabric came from my guild's stash, I can only count the blue and white fabrics as coming from my pre-2013 stash -- just over a yard. But at least this quilt is now leaving my house!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Done is always good and that will be a lovely gift for someone!

Vivian said...

I'm usually a binding-by-machine gal, especially when a quilt is given away, and we want it secure. I don't think I've ever used my buttonhole stitch for the final sewing. Very neat and crisp. Thanks for the idea. Cute little quilt.