Thursday, April 3, 2014

I Have a Disability


I was recently diagnosed with being Civil-War reproduction fabric-challenged.

I'm participating in a group project and needed to contribute a 3 1/2-inch block using a cream center with some CW-style fabric. I have tons of scraps of fabric, but finding something that would work was very difficult, even this small in size...thankfully, I found a small scrap that worked.

Then, as part of this project, I was also asked if I could contribute a few small nine-patch blocks, but there was no way I could find enough CW fabric for that...even if all I needed were 1 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch strips!

The project manager knows me well and realized that I am CW fabric-challenged, so she gave me a pass. Thank goodness!

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it's hard coming up with something when it really isn't something we use often

Jean said...

Those are not my favorite fabrics either. I can see the beauty in them, but don't care to use them.