Monday, December 29, 2014

Finally, a Finish for 2014!


I've been working feverishly to finish up a few quilts in 2014. This is a top that I made in November of this year using a jelly roll that I bought on a whim when I was having fun on a quilters' day out with friends. The pattern is Jelly Roll Jam II, a free pattern from Fat Quarter Shop. Very quick and easy.

Here's a closeup of the meandering quilting...


And a shot of the pieced back...


I used up every inch of the jelly roll by putting the extras on the back. No scraps to add to my out-of-control scrap bins!

Of course, I had to add bias striped binding, but you can't see it well in the photos above. Here's a better shot taken while I was sewing it on.


Now on to the next quilt top. Can I do it for 2014? I'm certainly going to try!

1 comment:

Judy D in WA said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! Love the back too.

I need to make a couple of young men quilts and this is the perfect pattern for my bulging batik strip bin . Thanks for sharing the link.