Monday, December 4, 2017

December!

I recently finished this Christmas table runner, and now that Thanksgiving is over and it's December, I have put this on our dining table. "No Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving" is the rule in this house.

click on photos for a larger view


The pattern is a free one I found online at Dragonfly Fiberart, called a Disappearing Nine-Patch with a Twist" (scroll down the page of free patterns to find it).

This is the second one I've made using this pattern, and it looks much harder than it is. You just have to be OK with having points that are cut off, which is part of the design. Some quilters have a hard time accepting this.

Here's a closeup shot...quilted with a serpentine stitch on my Bernina...



Backing and binding...



And a shot of it on our table (with a swan carved by my husband)...



1 comment:

Nancy said...

Oh, you have a white swan, too! Only hand-carved, very special. Thanks for the link. I like this table runner. Our Christmas decorations go up after Thanksgiving, too.