Monday, October 19, 2020

Working Through My Batik Scraps -- COVID-19 Batik Scrap Quilt #1

Another quilt finished in March of this year, at the start of staying home with not much of anything else to do. It's amazing how quickly a quilt can be put together when all one does is stay home and away from people.

This is based on a quilt I saw online somewhere. I made up my own measurements and then went through my batik scraps. There were plenty to choose from (and some left for even more quilts). I liked this one a lot, so it spent the last six months on one of our sofas.

(click on photos to enlarge)




binding and scrappy backing


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anya that is a wonderful use of batiks. If I start another project I will be in bigger trouble....so I will just admire yours :)

Kelly

Sara said...

Very pretty. I can't seem to make much of a dent in my scraps, no matter how many scrappy quilts I make.