Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Remedial Applique Lessons Needed

Well, here is what I managed to finish (somewhat sloppily) at the July meeting of my guild's Dear Jane group on Monday. This is the center block "G-7 Indianapolis", an intermediate-level (yeah, right) block.


No, there's nothing wrong with the computer or your eyes...I just thought I'd try to hide some of the flaws in this one.


This was the first block I started (see my post from May 22) when I thought I was going to work my way from the center block out to the edges. The first block turned out to be tougher than I would have liked, so I decided to do a few easier ones before finishing the first. If I had to do this block over again, I would do some things differently and definitely better.


OK, here's a shot in focus, but don't look too closely. Kind of looks like a stick figure running somewhere...This may wind up being a block that I decide to redo at the end of the journey. But for now I'm considering it finished.


Going to the monthly gathering of the Laurel Janes has proven to be invaluable. I have picked up extremely useful tips, especially about applique. Hopefully, I'll use those tips to make future appliqued blocks look a bit less beginner-like.


1 comment:

Hunter said...

Okay, this post was so funny.

I was tempted to blue a couple of mine. Great minds. ;)

I'm looking once again at the blocks you've finished. I find now that I've worked more of them that it's fun to see how you did your blocks.

I know that I've said it before, but I love your fabric choices and the blocks you've made. Your quilt is going to be amazing.

Darilyn