Thursday, July 10, 2008

Can These Be the Same Quilt?






I took this photo the other day at my guild's meeting of the Laurel Janes. Several of us put some of our blocks up on a design wall and we oohed and aahed for quite some time. It was a great way to share tips on difficult blocks. I wish I had taken the shot earlier in the day when more members' blocks were up on the wall.

We have quite a variety of fabrics being used; some are using civil war reproduction fabrics, some are using 30s-style fabrics, and then some (so far I think only me) are using batiks or brights. There may be others in our group who are using bright colors, but they haven't come to our meetings yet.

I believe some of the ones on the top are placed as they are in the original quilt. Mine are the batik blocks down below, and I just put them up on the design wall without any plan. Eventually, they should fall into place in a "trip around the world" design.



No comments: