Sunday, December 14, 2008

Contrast Is Important

I've been trying to semi-regularly post photos of my past quilt projects, starting with the blog entry dated June 6, 2008. You can see them all if you click on the label "my quilts" down at the bottom of this post.

This was a fun flannel throw I made in late 2003. Although I love the colors in it, there isn't enough contrast to make the design more noticeable. There are small pinwheels in there, but they are hard to see. I loved making the scrappy binding.

I was brave enough to quilt this on my DSM using variegated thread rather than monofilament. It was great practice, but proved again my need for a better quilting setup.

Although the design is so-so and the quilting is tolerable, this quilt is used quite a bit. My son seems to especially like it after he's had a bowl of ice cream these cold winter evenings.


3 comments:

Hunter said...

Oh, Anya. I think the quilt looks so cheerful. And how wonderful it would be to snuggle beneath it.

Thanks for the cheerful picture.

Darilyn

Missy Wertz said...

Anya, very pretty quilt.

Stop by my blog. I have something for you.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have a bunch of bright flannels and I was looking for an easy pattern. I like this one but I can see what you mean about the little pinwheels. I don't think it matters to kids though, they just like the bright colors and the softness.