Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dear Baby Jane Lives!

I'm so happy to hear that the Dear Baby Jane blog will continue. The site has been so valuable to quilters like me who are attempting to make the blocks without a lot of instruction from the book or the software. The instructions and photos on the site are absolutely the best I've seen anywhere. So if you're making a DJ quilt, or if you're planning one, or even if you just want to see what is possible, check out the site and you'll be inspired.

I definitely need some inspiration now, because too many of the difficult (for me) applique blocks are looming ahead...

In the meantime, this is "L-4 St George's Cross", a beginner-level paper-pieced block. This makes #80.

1 comment:

Hunter said...

Great job. I find that little straight pieces are the hardest of all for me.

And I'm going to keep trying to hand piece rather than applique. I'm not sure how long it will last, though.

I did get G-1 hand pieced yesterday.

I'm going to go practice my little straight pieces. Maybe practice will make perfect.

All the best,
Darilyn