Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What Are Friends For?


I have a dear friend who often asks me to quilt her tops for her. This is the latest one. I love quilting her tops because she is always so understanding that I'm not a professional at this and that she won't get heirloom quilting from me. I just love trying free-motion quilting on my HQ16 and my friend lets me play.

This friend mades oodles of quilts, and I mean oodles, mostly for her children (7) and grandchildren (13 at last count). You can see more of them here and here. But she rarely shows them off...I can't seem to convince her that our guild members would love to see them during our show and tell each month.

Little does she know that I'm showing them off for the whole world to see by posting photos on my blog...

3 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

Hi Anya. You do nice work, I wish you were close to me, I'd have you quilt for me! Thanks for stopping by my blog and playing along with my little game this week. I had to look up Wellsboro on the map. I'm from Reading and I hadn't ever heard of Wellsboro but you are on the Western side - and for all intents and purposes PA is almost like 2 states with that invisible line down near State College. At least thats how I always felt when I lived there. It is beautiful where you live. Thanks!

Barb said...

Anya you do beautiful quilting, don't ever feel you need to suggest otherwise! Your friend can be very pleased with her quilts, thanks for sharing. Have a great rest of the week!

Diana LaMarre said...

I am sure your friend is very happy with your quilting. I enlarged the picture and I can't see a thing wrong with it. I would be happy to have you quilt one of mine.