Saturday, February 28, 2009

Cold Virus Strikes

I think it took me longer to get this photo from my camera into my blog than it did to make the block! I don't usually have any trouble getting the photos in quickly, but my computer was not cooperating today. Perhaps it has the same cold virus that I have!

This is "B-8, Water Lily", an intermediate-level applique block. I chose to use my current favorite applique method -- raw-edge machine-buttonhole stitch. I know that there is no way I could have made those points this sharp if I had attempted needle-turn on this one!

2 comments:

Barb said...

This is such a pretty block...I really love your choice of the Batiks for the DJs! The decision to use your machine for the appliqued blocks is really working.

Ugghh to the cold virus, and right now I am sick with the stomach virus...over 100 students out from school yesterday, either called in sick, or went home via the nurse...as of last night my body surrendered :-( !!

Hunter said...

I love this technique. And, as always, your fabric is beautiful.

Darilyn