Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pillowcase Fun

There is another birthday coming up soon -- this time it's my husband's grandson who will turn 9 in October.

The kids in the family usually get books (and college fund deposits) as gifts (yes, we're the boring grandparents, I'm afraid). This year the books have been wrapped in pillowcases. You can see more of them here and here.

This one has the balloon fabric for the body and the bug fabric for the cuff. All wrapped up and ready to go in a couple of weeks.

4 comments:

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I am inspired now to make some pillowcases for my boys. They are here at the computer with me looking at the pictures and words this morning. They got up early. Aaron and Zach love the bugs :)

Kelly

Unknown said...

Great idea to wrap them up in pillowcases! Fun and useful!

Barb said...

Love your pillowcases and the idea of using them to gift wrap a book...perrrrrrrrfect! You and my granddaughter have the same love for making and giving pillowcases as gifts, I agree they are fun to make!

Diana LaMarre said...

I love the wrapping paper. What a great idea. If I am ever a grandmother, I will have to remember this idea.