Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Movie of the Week

This was a fun movie to watch on a rainy afternoon. Light romantic comedy with gorgeous shots of Greece.



The actress who starred and wrote most of it also starred and wrote another one of my favorites...



Anyone who is the child of immigrants will completely relate to this movie...in my case, all I had to do was subsitute the word "Russian" everywhere the actors said "Greek". In my family, everything was invented or discovered by a Russian. It's true...what, you don't believe me? Read this.

Best thing about these movies is that I can watch them for free, thanks to my local library. Go take a look to see what's available in yours...and while you're at it, be sure to support your local library by becoming a member and donating to their fund-raising efforts. They provide a lot of good things for the communities, but often don't get the government funding they desperately need. Instead of going to see a first-run movie for $10, wait a few months and check your local library. Then donate half of your movie-ticket price to the library instead of putting it in the pockets of the over-paid celebrities...That still leaves you with $5. You could buy some fabric with that...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved My Big Fat Greek Wedding! Yes, I could relate to this one too. Great idea about the library!

Unknown said...

Very funny movies. Big fat greek was filmed in Toronto, we sometimes drive by the house.
very very good recommendations...

Heather said...

I just now requested 'my life in ruins' from my library. Only 127 days to wait.