Monday, January 11, 2010

P(ay) I(t) F(orward) Gift Received

Shortly before Christmas, I received a wonderful "Pay It Forward" package from Bree of me and my 2 guys. She sent some Down Under-themed goodies -- four coasters made from an Aboriginal-inspired print (love the cool quilting on them), and two pieces of fabric featuring Australian native flowers and birds. The fabric is too pretty and unique to cut up right away, so I think I'll just admire it for a while.

I did make use of the selvages, however, as you can see by the thank you postcard I made for Bree...

I loved participating in a quilty PIF project -- if you want to see what I made for someone else, check my blog post here. According to the PIF "rules", I still need to make something for two other people, so if you're interested, keep your eyes open for when I have signups...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the aboriginal prints. I have a small collection of them and just love them. Great PIF!

Searchfamilies said...

Lovely coasters very nice
Hugs Janice

Rene' said...

Great PIF receipt! Lovely coasters. Thanks for sharing. I signed up for a PIF as well and have been wondering what to make. It's good to see what others are doing.

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

I bought some Australian fabric a couple of years ago and still haven't had the heart to cut it up.