Monday, September 19, 2011

Modern BOM Part 3


This is Block number 3 of the Sew, Mama, Sew Modern Block-of-the-Month Quilt-Along. You can see the previous two blocks in my posts here and here. I'm using leftover fabrics from my son's college quilt (which can be seen here).

My plan was to also make large versions of these blocks in order to use up more of my stash. The previous two months' large quilts can be seen in my blog posts here and here. However, I'm not sure if I'm going to make a large version of this one because it has quite a few bias edges and the thought of working with such long lengths of bias edges isn't sounding too appealing. But I may give it a try anyway.

BTW...the quilt show in Philly was wonderful! I have loads of photos to go through and once I get them organized, I'll post a slideshow.

2 comments:

Stella Jones said...

Black, white and red always go well together don't they! I love how the triangles overlap. It gives the pattern such depth.

Rene' said...

All of these modern blocks are great, but so far I think this is my favorite! I love how you are using fabrics from your son's college quilt. Cute tennis shoes by the way ;-)