15 minutes ago
Monday, August 22, 2011
Using Up Stash
A few weeks ago, when I blogged about the first block that I had made in the Sew, Mama, Sew Modern Block-of-the-Month, my friend Susan said that the photo made my block look like a whole quilt rather than just a 12 1/2-inch block. That comment got me to thinking and then to sewing.
I decided that as I make the BOMs, I will also make a charity quilt using the same or similar pattern. What you see above is my large full-size quilt version of the block that I showed last week. And below you can see the backing, just made out of leftover fabric. Both are just improvisational piecing.
Once it's quilted and bound, I will donate this to Project Linus. It will be perfect for a teenage girl, thereby continuing with my plan to make charity quilts for teenagers (as I blogged about here).
Most of the fabric for the top and the backing came from my stash with a bit from the stash that was donated to my guild.
I've also made a large version of the first Modern BOM...I'll blog about it once I finish the backing....