Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Back To Work


This is "RS5, Geisha Girl", an intermediate-level block that I paper pieced and then appliqued the melon shape using the raw-edge machine-buttonhole stitch method. One more triangle remains to be done on the right side of the quilt and then all 13 on the left. Plus the four corner kites.

What bugs me the most about making most of these triangles (and most of the DJ blocks, for that matter), is that I could make a quilt top like this in the time it takes to make some of these triangles!

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

It does take awhile doesn't it, took me forever too, and still now and then I hear of someone who has worked on that one top only and finished it in less than a year - most of us have to work on 3 or 4 at a time I think.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Vivian said...

Excellent point. But which one will you be proud to show? proud to call your own? proud to point out details here and there? Making a quilt you want to show off and share takes time.
One of these days I'll get back to mine. I think I have to officially call my DJ a UFO now, not a WIP. I haven't touched it for months.