Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I wish all my readers a very happy Thanksgiving tomorrow. I hope you spend the day with family and friends, if not in person, then in spirit over the phone, computer, whatever.


And in the spirit of the Thanksgiving season, this is my latest charity quilt. It's boxed up and will be mailed today to Basics, a charity in NYC, all part of my mission to make charity quilts for teenagers. The next distribution day for Basics is December 1st, so this should make it in time.

The back is pieced from leftovers...


Free-motion loopy quilting with variegated thread...


You can see the first quilt I sent to Basics here.

Happy Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

Pat Merkle said...

Anya, the quilt is fabulous! And you're pretty fabulous to donate it. Happy Thaksgiving!

Brenda said...

I like both sides. congrats on a great finish! I'm having problems with blogs not showing up in Google Reader. are you having the same issues? do you know how to fix this?

Heather said...

Lovely quilt, both sides work. Love all those pillow cases. Nice and bright. I was cutting some yesterday and have a few more to do. Am preparing for pillowcase sewing day with my guild. They will be going to a number of local charities.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Beautiful!!!!! Thank you do much for making this beauty! It's so appreciated!!! Best to you! Happy turkey day!!
V

Rene' said...

Lovely quilt Anya!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Very sweet charity quilt Anya!

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

Love the color progression in this quilt!