Monday, January 16, 2012

Modern BOM Block 6


This is my version of Block 6 of Sew, Mama, Sew's Modern Block of the Month Sew-Along. The instructions on the website were for paper piecing the block...Since I've done a lot of paper piecing before, I didn't look closely at their instructions and did it the way I've always done paper piecing -- by sewing on the side of the paper that has the printed lines. The instructions for this block said to sew on the other side, which is why my block is actually a mirrored version of what it's supposed to look like. I didn't discover that until my block was finished. I don't really care...it looks fine this way as well.

Since I'm making this out of fabric left over from my son's high school graduation/college quilt, my supply is running low, especially of the white fabrics. I'm hoping to somehow squeak by, even if it means "making fabric" from some of the smaller scraps.

Here's a shot of what all six blocks in this sew-along look like so far...


I'm liking it very much!

2 comments:

maggie said...

as different from DJ as can be!

Karen said...

Block 6 is really cool! They look great together.