This one is not from my pre-2013 stash, so I won't add it to the total yardage used up, but it will be counted as a finished quilt for 2013.
I made this one after I once commented on my Facebook page that I was running out of friends, family, and charities to give my quilts to, and a friend/fellow quilter mentioned that she was making chemo quilts for the facility where the owner of our LQS was having her treatments. My friend said that my bright and cheery quilts are the type that work well for that, so I decided to get some fabric and whip one up. The front is flannel from Joann's (bought at a great price of $2.25/yard!) and the backing is fleece (again, bought at a great price after the winter). No batting, and just a large meander for the quilting.
The binding is made by bringing the backing to the front and then machine-stitching down with a zigzag stitch. I usually hate this method of attaching binding (I really prefer hand stitching it to the back), but it works for this because the fleece edge doesn't fray. I even managed to miter the corners.
The tutorial I used for the binding can be found on Vicki Welsh's blog here. And while you're visiting Vicki's blog, check out her gorgeous hand-dyed fabrics on Etsy.