Monday, May 27, 2013

Moosewood Monday


Not as pretty a picture as usual for my Moosewood Monday posts, but I wanted to show that my latest creation, Jamaican Tomato Soup, was a big hit. I first made this for dinner at home (thumbs up), and then took the leftovers to share with my quilting friends. As you can probably tell from the photo, it was a hit there as well.

The recipe for Jamaican Tomato Soup was this one, which says it was adapted from a Moosewood Restaurant recipe. I just made a few minor changes. Instead of mixing steps 5 and 6 in a blender, I just removed about 2 cups of the vegetables and used my immersion blender to mix the rest. Then I added the vegetables back in and continued with the recipe. Oh, and I added a little bit of ditalini pasta (any small pasta will do) because I think most tomato soups benefit from an addition of pasta. The next time I make this, I may reduce the orange juice by 1/4 cup.

Definitely a keeper of a recipe in my kitchen!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I was raving about this to Tim and he said that it sounded good to him, so I'll be trying this one soon. Thanks again for lunch!