Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My Other Hobby


I haven't been doing too much quilting or sewing lately because of two many other things that are occupying my time. Besides the chores related to spring cleaning and yard work (yuck!), the fun chores have been related to cooking. I've been spending many hours looking through some of my favorite cookbooks and surfing the internet for all sorts of interesting recipes. And boy, have I found some.

Here's what we had for dinner last night...


Gingered Salmon in a Packet from the Moosewood and Pan-Fried Potato Hash with Indian Spices. With a nice glass of wine, my husband said it was like a meal prepared in a five-star restaurant.

Other recipes I've made recently (and will make again) include Easy Mulligatawny by the Pioneer Woman, Sausage, Potato, and Kale Soup by the Pioneer Woman, Red Lentil and Sweet Potato Stew, Chicken Country Captain by Wegmans, Tomato Basil with Orzo Soup by Wegmans, Sweet Potato and Sausage Bisque, Grilled Lemon Salmon by my blogging friend/fellow guild member Kathy of Cotton Cellar blog, Creole Beans and Rice by Moosewood, and Indian Spinach and Chickpeas, just to name a few.

And I have so many more I want to try. At this rate, even though all of these recipes (and all of the others I've posted on my blog in the past) are definitely keepers, it may be a while before I make them again.

Just like quilting...too many recipes and not enough days to make them. And that doesn't count the desserts I want to make!