Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Two Finishes for January!

(click on photos to enlarge)


I finished up two quilts this week, both made using some of my hand-dyed fabrics (from June 2009!) and white. Same pattern, just opposite layouts. Each one is about 48 inches on all sides.

Loops and a few hearts for the quilting...


These are going to two sisters, ages 6 and 8, who live close to Orlando, so I think I picked the perfect backing fabric...


Two quilts going to two sisters...similar in design, but different enough so they can tell which one is which.

The only new fabric is the backing, so I used up about four yards of my pre-2014 stash!

1 comment:

Vivian said...

I'm guessing the two girls you've sewn for have similar interests to my 5-year-old granddaughter. It's a Disney Princess world for her, day after day. You've chosen the perfect backing.
Good finishes! Your 2009 dyed fabrics have aged beautifully.