Friday, January 31, 2014

Looking Good on All Sides

In my 15+ years of quiltmaking and quilt-gifting, I've discovered that there are people (mainly non-quilters) who sometimes like the backs of their quilts as much as, or better, than the front. Children seem to be that way a lot. So, since the two quilts I showed in my previous post are going to a couple of young girls, I wanted to make sure that the back was pleasing to the eye as well.

Since the quilts were a bit wider than the normal WOF, I had to piece the backs. If you look closely at the following two photos (click to enlarge), you can see the seams where I matched it up. 

Down the center of the blue dress...


...and down through the eye and arm of the princess in the pink dress (almost perfect, but not quite)...


This is not something I do often, but I think it was worth it for these two quilts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to magnify the photo again and again and I finally saw the seam. What great work! Happy weekend.