Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Cat's Meow


My friend Susan recently put out a call for help in making a comfort quilt for a friend of a friend of hers who is dealing with a serious health issue. This friend of a friend is a lover of cats, so Susan decided that a fun cat block made with cheery batiks would be perfect. The call went out one day to a number of quilting friends and just a couple of days later, Susan had more than enough cat blocks for a decent-sized quilt. These are the three that I contributed, all made from my batik scraps. Another friend involved in this process decided that she wanted to make a cat quilt for a friend of hers as well, so the extras went to her. I made an additional two blocks for that project, so I figure I used up about half a yard of fabric from my stash!

To see the entire quilt, click here for Susan's blog post about it.

This is exactly the kind of thing we quilters love to do!

No comments: