Monday, February 10, 2014

It's On the Internet, So It Must Be True


The above is very true, even if you see something on a fabric website. Several weeks ago, I ordered this fabric online from Joann's...


It was described as being 36" wide, so I ordered based on that measurement. When I received the fabric, it was the usual 42"/43" wide, so I had quite a bit left over. That was no problem; the extra fabric quickly found a new home.

I did a little more investigating and noticed that quite a number of the Disney licensed fabrics (regular cotton) were listed at 36" wide. I wrote a quick email to Joann's and in their January 15th response they said "I apologize for the inconvenience. I will pass along this information to our warehouse and website team so corrections can be made. "

Well, as of yesterday, it's still listed as 36" wide -- you can see it here. And it's almost a month later...Sheesh!

Oh, and BTW...thank you to everyone who commented on my previous post...both layouts got some votes, but layout 2 was more popular. The more I look at it, the more I think I'll go with that. It's always good to get other quilters' opinions!

No comments: