Thursday, May 7, 2009

Jell-O Anyone?

Earlier this week, my son's Spanish class was celebrating Cinco de Mayo, so I decided to make this Broken Glass Jello as a treat for them. I had found the recipe for it on the Food Librarian's blog a couple of months ago and saved it because I thought it looked like something fun to make someday. The Food Librarian even said that she had seen variations of this at Mexican grocery stores and eateries -- the class party gave me a chance to give it a try.

It was very easy to make and Nick tells me that it was a hit...no leftovers came home.

No, that's not "mayo" in the Cinco de Mayo party food... (sorry, bad pun).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is just the coolest Jell-O Recipe I have ever seen! I think I will be making it as well. Thanks!

Diana LaMarre said...

I have never seen jello like that. It would be neat in red, white, blue for July 4th. My husband is a jello lover so I must go check out the recipe now. Thanks for sharing with us.

Hunter said...

I've never seen anything like this. It's so pretty and fun. I can see why the kids loved it.

I'm going to go check out the recipe.

Darilyn