Tuesday, November 20, 2012

November UFO Challenge Complete


My guild's president issued a UFO challenge to our members last month -- we were to list six UFO's that we had sitting around and give her the list. Every month for the next six months (except for December), she will pull out a number, from one to six, and we are supposed to finish the UFO that matches that number on our list by the next month's meeting. Every time we complete a UFO, our names will be entered into a future drawing. This was a great way to get me moving on some projects that I've had for way too long.

 The first one is this jelly roll 1600 race quilt top that I finished last November. It's made from strips of vintage sheets from local thrift stores.

Here's a closeup of my favorite way to quilt strippy quilts...



I used a vintage sheet for the back...


This one will be going to a charity...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this Anya! I love using sheets for projects. Is that stitch you used for quilting a stitch on your machine? So very cute. Am awaiting rain here in the Panhandle to check out Goodwill.

Nancy said...

Nice finish, and a great idea!

Heather said...

very lovely and delicate looking. Such a satisfying feeling to 'finish' a project. Am going to uilt with my mom on Saturday and we're doing our 1600 inch quilts.