Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Warms My Heart


A couple of weeks ago, I participated in the local school's Colonial Days' observation (see my previous post about it here). A few days later, I received a wonderful package in the mail containing thank-you notes from one of the classes. Reading them brought tears to my eyes and warmed my heart.

I was especially thrilled to see this letter....


Every time I talk about my quilts to groups of children, I make it a point to mention that in the 21st century, quilting is not just "for girls". I show them a copy of The Quilt Life magazine with Ricky Tims on the cover and tell them that there are a lot of male quilters who make fun quilts. It helps that Ricky always wears a cowboy hat!

Anyway, I'm thrilled at the letter sent by "my friend Spencer". And actually, I love all the letters! Thank you, second graders of Wellsboro -- Maybe someday I'll see one of your quilts in a show!

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think John Flynn always has a sheriffs badge or something clipped onto his belt that might help too if you can find a photo of him. That is neat that the kids like to participate. We got to get them young :)

Heather said...

Love the quilt blocks that the children drew. In a life time where I have all the quilting time I need, I would want to turn their drawings into actual blocks. What fun that would be to use their colour choices and shapes.