Friday, December 14, 2012

Creative Stitching

Edited -- 8:45AM -- I've linked this post on Nina Marie's Off the Wall Friday. Check it out to see what other interesting fiber projects are out there.


After creating a fun scarf with Christmas yarn and water-soluble stabilizer a couple of months ago (see my blog post here), I decided to try something different to use up the remaining yarn. What you see in the above photo is the yarn sewn with a zigzag stitch on to a piece of stabilizer (about the size of a regular sheet of paper).

What you see below is what both sides look like after the stabilizer has been washed out.


Stay tuned to see what I used this for...

6 comments:

Nina Marie said...

ohhh this is wonderful - interesting! I would like to invite you to link up to Off the Wall Fridays - a link party directed toward connecting and encouraging fellow fiber/quilt artists. We're there every Friday and would love for you to join!

Kit Lang said...

I was gonna say "What are you going to do with it!?" (Here from NIna Marie's blog...)

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Anya. Just stopped by from Nina Marie's, too. Enjoyed visiting your blog. I especially liked your Jane Stickle quilt--smashing!
Have a happy holiday season with lots of stitching!
best from Tunisia, nadia

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from Nina's blog.... love the yarn experiment and just taking a walk through your quilt gallery. Lovely.

bohemiannie! art said...

That is BEAUtiful! I'll look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Susan Lenz said...

Very cool! Thanks so much for sharing and especially for leaving a comment on my blog!
Susan