Monday, December 3, 2012

Moosewood Monday


Yes, I'm at it again. But I can't help it. Winter is the perfect time to try new soup and stew recipes. This time it's Savannah Sweet Potato Bisque from the Moosewood Restaurant (where else?) in Ithaca, NY. I used this recipe here (scroll all the way down on that page to find the recipe for the soup). I made just one change -- I didn't have any pimentos, so I just substituted diced red bell peppers and cooked them with the veggies. Roasted red peppers would be good, too. The next time I make this, I'll top it off with croutons, but this time around I just added some (leftover from Thanksgiving) french fried onions.

Served with pork BBQ on a foldup piece of flatbread and a glass of The Rut red wine from Benezette Winery in Benezette, PA.

No comments: