Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Easily Distracted

I was going to clean my house, but I was distracted by making this table topper....


Actually, it's just the top and hasn't been quilted and bound yet. But I don't think I will do too much quilting on it. Perhaps just some stitching in the ditch around the triangles; I'm not sure yet.

I'm afraid a few of the matryoshka dolls are a bit deformed where the triangle seams are, but the rest of it lines up well enough for me to be happy with it.

Here's what the fabric looked like before it was cut....


There are a couple of strips that remain with the troikas and they'll go back into my stash until I figure out what to do with them.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

oooooh, lovely result and good imagination in using up that fabric. I thought you had pieced together strips at first.

NeverBored said...

Lovely! I can see why you were easily distracted and had to stitch this up!

Susan said...

Much more fun than cleaning! ;o)

Ulla's Quilt World said...

So lovely!
Greetings from Finland! :)
Ulla's Quilt World
Hugs, Ulla