Thursday, May 15, 2014

Houston, We DON'T Have a Problem



I've been so excited since I got this news a couple of weeks ago that I almost forgot to post this on my blog...

My Jane Stickle quilt (more commonly know as Dear Jane in the quilting world) has been accepted for display at the 2014 International Quilt Festival in Houston!

And...

...They want it to be part of a traveling exhibit to their other quilt shows and events through August 2015!

To say that I am honored and overwhelmed by the excitement is definitely an understatement!

6 comments:

Quiltbug said...

I will be going to Houston this year so will get to see your quilt in person. This is very exciting since I have been reading your blog 'forever'

Audrey
Ontario, Canada

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

congratulations that is such exciting news for you

Diane said...

OMGosh that is fantastic!! Congratulations!!

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

Fantastic - as I've commented before, your version of Jane Stickle is my all time favourite Jane Stickle quilt. I love the bright colours on black, and the way you've graduated the colours out to the corners. Congratulations on having your quilt chosen for both the show and the traveling exhibit.

Vivian said...

Wow -- WOw -- WOW !!
Congratulations on such an honor, Anya. But I'm not surprised. Your unique DJ is a favorite of so many of us who love to see the variety of ways that quilters have interpreted the Jane Stickle quilt. This is really fantastic news.

Joan said...

It is a work of art that deserves to be seen far and wide. Wish I could see it in person. Congratulations!