Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Christmas Is Coming, The Goose Is Getting Fat


I started this quilt (FOR ME!) last Christmas Day and the finished top has been hanging in my quilting studio since January (yikes!). The reason it's been hanging there so long is because I just haven't taken the time to figure out how to quilt it. I don't want to just do an overall pattern on it...it has way too many areas that are screaming for some custom quilting. But that takes some thinking and planning, which I haven't gotten around to yet. I hope to do it before Christmas gets here this year. No guarantees, however.


In addition to figuring out the quilting pattern, there's still the decision to be made about thread color!

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Looking forward to seeing it finished!

Nancy said...

Wonderful fabrics and whimsical design. We await the next steps of thinking and planning for the quilting. I see what you mean.. some spaces call for special attention.

Needled Mom said...

What a pretty top!!! Good luck on the quilting.

Jocelyn said...

oooo I love this pattern. I would quilt it with white thread. The pretty boxes are too pretty to distract with a colored thread. Just my thoughts.