Monday, October 22, 2012

Moosewood Monday


I realized that it's been quite a while since I posted about a recipe from the Moosewood Restaurant in Ithaca, NY (my all-time favorite place to eat out). I've been making many of the recipes regularly; I just haven't been blogging about it.

This one is the latest -- Indonesian Sweet Potato and Cabbage Soup. My husband and I both agree that it's definitely a keeper. I made just a few changes to the recipe -- I used regular sweet potatoes from the produce section instead of the frozen bagged ones, regular veggie broth instead of organic, regular peanut butter instead of natural, and canned diced tomatoes instead of fresh. Oh yes, and I used a red chili pepper from our garden (we have loads of those) instead of the cayenne. No drastic changes.

To see all of my previous blog posts about the Moosewood recipes I've tried, click here.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

i made this for lunch today, i was a bit sceptical about cabbage in soup but trusted that a "Moosewood "recipe would be good... it was delicious. I did not add anywhere near the suggested cayenne and didn't have any bean sprouts. Thank you for posting