Thursday, June 12, 2008

First Milestone


I am now one-fifth of the way toward meeting my goal of finishing 50 blocks by my 50th birthday. With 10 blocks now completed, all I need to do is to average 2 blocks a week for the next 4+ months in order to meet that goal.

This has been such a busy week that I haven't really had much of a chance to work on my DJ blocks. I did manage to squeeze in half an hour or so to make this one -- "J-4, Adelaine's Apron Strings". Most of the half hour was spent deciding on which fabrics to use. Again, the photo doesn't do the colors justice.
I also tried to applique another block, but wasn't happy with how the gray silk thread was showing up on the gold and rust color fabrics I was using. So I gave up and ordered a package of 5 various neutral colors of silk thread which should make things easier.
There are fewer and fewer easy blocks left...

No comments: