Saturday, June 21, 2008

Summer in a Small Town

My adopted home town of the last 11 years, Wellsboro PA, is home to the annual Pennsylvania State Laurel Festival held in June. The weather this parade day is absolutely glorious and Wellsboro shows itself off well. Although the parade is today, Saturday, the lawn chairs starting sprouting along the parade route (2 miles long) several days ago. Visitors are always amazed that the chairs never go missing, even after sitting out unattended day and night. This is just one of the delights of small-town living.



The Wellsboro Diner was a busy place this morning!







The arts and crafts and food fair will be a busy place as well.


I've had very little time for quilting during these Laurel Festival days. I hope to get another DJ block done in the next day or so. In the meantime...I think I'll hit the bag of kettle corn that we just brought home...


No comments: