Saturday, June 28, 2008

I Wasn't Going To Make a Block Today...

My guild's exhibit is coming up in just over 2 months, so I was going to take some time out from making DJ blocks to work on the quilt that I hope to enter. As I got ready this morning to load the quilt onto my HQ-16, I decided that I really didn't like what I had used for the backing. This means that I need to get more fabric (darn!) and will make a trip to my local fabric shop later in the week.


I should have used the time to clean my house, but guess what I did instead? The picture shows you the answer...


It is "K-1 Crooked Creek", which is appropriate since we don't live too far from Crooked Creek where my husband likes to kayak and birdwatch. The pieces could easily be rotary cut, but I prefer the accuracy of paper piecing. This is listed as an intermediate-level block in the software. Again, the colors are more vibrant in person.

No comments: