Friday, January 23, 2009

Far From Perfect

I first considered making this block by using the reverse applique method, but decided to keep going with the raw-edge invisible machine-applique method instead. This is far from perfect, but I have to remind myself that it probably doesn't look any worse than it would have looked if I had used my hand stitching. Who knows, I may decide to re-do it by the time I'm done with all the blocks...but right now it's time to move on to the next one.

This is "G-3, Four Leaf Clover", an intermediate-level block.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Anya, just wanted to let you know that I totally enjoyed my visit to your blog, and seeing your beautiful work. I'll definitely be back!

Hunter said...

Aloha Anya.

I love this block as well as the fabrics. (I have both of them in my stash.)

I'm going to reverse raw-edge this one if I ever get doen with E-13. I'm only getting about two minutes at a time to work on it and it seems I'm be working on this one little block for a week. Sigh.

Thanks again for sharing a photo. Your blocks are great.

Darilyn

Barb said...

Anya I think your block is wonderful, and you are being much too hard on yourself. When all of the blocks are together, will anyone pick out this one block as not being perfect? Keep on going you are doing a wonderful job, and your fabric choices are beautiful!

Thank you for your comment to my blog, and wishing me well...I am getting there...slow but sure will win the race as they say! Have a wonderful weekend!