Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Charity Sewing Day

This is what I will be doing today...

There are a couple of things I do a bit differently than shown in this video...

1) I use a 2-inch piece of fabric for the accent rather than the 3-inch used in the video (that's just personal preference);

2) For the French seam, I sew a scant 1/4-inch seam, trim it a bit, and then sew the final seam as 1/4-inch rather than the 1/2 inch shown in the video. I just prefer less bulk in the seam.

Today's pillowcases will be going to ConKerr Cancer.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

The french seam method is what we use for the Hole In The Wall Gang camp too. Isn't it a great method?

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

Hi Anya, what a nice surprise to find my video on your Blog. I'm glad you liked it and that you were able to use it. I've enjoyed watching your progress with your DJ blocks.