Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Getting Ready for Friday

Continuing with yesterday's subject of high school...

...this is "J-9, Maury High School", a beginner-level block that I chose to paper piece and then used the raw-edge machine buttonhole-stitch applique method for the small melons (they look more like pumpkin seeds to me). Not perfect, but it gets me to 150 blocks completed!

I hope to get at least one more DJ block finished this week in time for my guild's Laurel Janes' mini-retreat on Friday and Saturday...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful!! 150 blocks you should be proud. Keep plugging away and you will be done in no time.

Heather said...

Pumpkin seeds is a perfect description. Thanks for supplying the name for my Russian quilter for my NaNo novel. Anya is the perfect addition to my list of Characters. She is doing some research on Russian emgires to Japan around 1904 or was that 1903. its all getting so fuzzy.